There are places in this world that charm you, but there are also places, which steal your heart completely. One of the places, that totally stolen our hearts was also a small town Rüdesheim in Germany.
If you are a romantic soul, you must have heard for German romantic road. Well, but if you are having difficulties with romance, you just have to visit this part of Germany. You will be surprised how easy is to be all romantic and goofy, just with visiting one simple place.
Rüdesheim might be a small town and you can easily explore it in few hours, but we would strongly advice to spend at least one day here. The best way to get to know the place and its surroundings is by buying a ticket for so called Romantic tour.
What you should not miss when visiting Rüdesheim Germany?
- Stroll around Rüdesheim and get lost in narrow streets and alleys by visiting cute little local shops with souvenirs.
- Take a funicular ride over magnificent vineyards to the top of the viewing point Niederwalddenkmal. The views are hard to bit.
- Walk from the Niederwalddenkmal to the hotel Jagdschloss Niedderwald. In between make sure to stop on different viewing points, offering you beautiful views over the river Rhine valley.
- A ride with a cable car down to Assmannshausen is another wonderful experience.
- Don’t miss a boat ride on the river Rhine – visiting the Rheinstein castle is a must.
- Take a boat ride from the Rheinstein castle back to Rüdesheim and just enjoy the views passing you by.
- Wine tasting in Rüdesheim? Of course – after all this is one of the best know wine regions in Germany.
- Indulge yourself with the traditionally made Rüdesheimer coffee, which is prepared in front of you and is richened with the local Aasbach brandy. Yummy!
- Visit the Aasbach brandy shop and get to know more about it. (Coordinates: 49.59.03.0 / 007.56.19.2 – open from Tuesday to Saturday, from 9am to 5pm).
- Taste the local cuisine in Breuer’s Rüdesheimer Schloss hotel/restaurant, where everything is prepared fresh and with local ingredients. The restaurant will not just serve you with delicious food, but will also give you a sneak peek into local German vibe with live music.
Being a wine enthusiast or not, Rüdesheim is a town, which should never stay overlooked, when traveling around Germany. Offering you spectacular views, superb vibes, top notch food and wine are just few things worth mentioning. Adding the extra pinch of romance will definitely do the trick into loving it.
Travel tips for Rüdesheim Germany
- Romantik Tour ticket – Having the ticket will show you all the best from Rüdesheim and surroundings. The ticket includes funicular ride on top of the Niederwalddenkmal, cable car ride to Assmannshause, a short boat ride over river Rhine from Assmannshausen to Rheinstein castle and the longer boat ride from the Rheinstein Castle back to Rüdesheim. Tickets: 16€/adults and 8€ children (5-13 y.o.).
- Wine tasting ticket – Visit the tourist info center and buy the individual wine tasting ticket, which includes 5 best winemakers in Rüdesheim and Assmannshausen. Tasting 10 different local wines will cost you 15€, but for 8 varieties you will pay 12,50€. At the end of your last visit to the one of the 5 wine cellars, gaining all 5 stamps, you will be able to take home a little souvenir – specially made wine glass of the tour.
- Food – Rüdesheim being a well-known touristic place, will give you diverse offer of restaurants, cafes and bars. If you like the local feel, with life music, good traditional food with modern touch and quality wine, we would highly recommend you to visit Breuer’s Rudesheimer wine restaurant, which is also part of the hotel Breuer’s Rudesheimer Schloss hotel. The restaurant has a lovely garden, which is perfect for warm summer nights, but if visiting Rüdesheim during colder days; their interior is decorated in a lovely vintage style as well.
- Accommodations – You will find all kind of hotels in Rüdesheim, suitable for all budgets. We still feel very lucky to be staying at the beautiful and historically rich hotel Breuer’s Rudesheimer Schloss. The uniquely decorated rooms are enormous and its location could not be better. Staying at Breuer’s Rüdesheimer Schloss Hotel is in the middle of hustle and bustle gave us that extra feel for the town. The hotel has its own private parking and its breakfast is extremely diverse. The Breuer’s family also produces its own wine, so make sure to taste some, when having dinner at their wine restaurant, where all the dishes are made fresh and out of the local ingredients.
*If you don’t really fancy hotels, there are also some guest houses and camping spots available around or close to town.
- Parking – If you decide to visit Rüdesheim as a day trip, there is a big parking lot available few hundred meters from the town center. Coordinates: 18.104.22.168 / 007.55.44.6
- Best time to visit Rüdesheim – Most visitors come to Rüdesheim from May to September, but from what we were told, winter is not a bad timing either. Locals recommended coming during its Christmas markets, when the town gets almost fairy like image. A nice month to visit Rüdesheim is also during its wine festival in August.