I was 3 years old when my parents took me with them traveling. I must admit I do not remember much from this travel. In fact my clearest memories are of water slides in a small water park in Greece. It looks like the toboggan ride impressed me a lot, as even now, 30 years later, I’m always thrilled to see one.
Visiting Istrialand Water Park was on my wish list ever since it opened in 2014. I am not sure about you, but hot summer days are always better if you spend them surrounded with water and some adrenalin.
The Istralandia Water Park opened in June 2014 and with that it was the very first water park in Istria, Croatia.
If you are traveling to Istria in Croatia during the summer and you like to have fun, you should consider visiting the Istralandia Water Park. With its 1600 meters of water slides it is perfect to visit it with kids. But honestly, you can enjoy Istralandia even without them, as some of its water attractions are pretty adrenalin oriented.
Simon and I are already in our thirties, but spending a day in Istralandia Water Park was great fun for us too. We have tried all the attractions (except for the kids’ pool of course) and we would have a hard time deciding which one was better.
I guess visiting a water park makes you feel young again and we are sure to be back for more.
Facts about Istralandia Water Park
- Istralandia Water Park spreads over 80.000 sqm and has 4500 sqm of water surface
- 1600 water pipes, tubes and slides can be found in Istralandia Water Park, 3 new attractions are opening this year
- The kids pool with slides and water castle is heated
- If you’re brave enough you’ll love the 27 meters high slide called Free Fall
- Adults can also enjoy and relax in a hydro massage pool in two levels
- Istralandia water park has the largest wave pool on the Mediterranean
- There are numerous animations during the day in Istralandia Water Park (carnival for kids, face painting for kids, waterpolo and beach volleyball tournaments, Zumba, water aerobics…)
- Water Park Istralandia has 5 different restaurants and bars, but you can also bring food and drinks with you
- There are also buses available (tickets must be bought) from Istria towns like Vrsar, Poreč, Rovinj, Medulin, Umag, Pula, Prementura, Rabac
- Free Wi-Fi is available all around Istralandia Water Park
- Istralandia Water Park can welcome 5000-6000 visitors per day. If you want to avoid the crowdes be here as soon as Istralandia Water Park opens its doors.
Working hours in Istralandia Water Park
Every day from 10:00-19:00 (6th June to 13th September)
Tickets and prices for Istralandia Water Park
Being an adult, you need 150,00 KUN for a daily ticket. Visiting the Istralandia Water Park with kids, you can choose two different family tickets (2 adults, +1 kid, 2 adult, + 2 kids). Make sure to have local currency with you, as you cannot pay in Euros. But on the other hand, there is an exchange office and ATM available. You can also pay with credit cards.
Istralandia Water Park location
The Istralandia Water Park is located only 19 kilometers from Umag and right at the Highway A9 exit Novi Grad / Nova Vas.
Coordinates: 45.346730 / 13.617147
You can get more information about Istralandia Water Park from their web page www.istralandia.hr.
Having fun at Istralandia Water Park movie
Our visit to Istralandia Water Park was complimentary, but all opinions and recommendations are completely our own.